Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Teeny Tiny Cross Stitch hoops made from...


I literally was squealing with delight as I made each one of these, the Aida fabric is 28 ct, the Gold trim is leftover piping from College and the hoops themselves are made from ... Milk Bottle Tops, the plastic ones that nowhere seems to recycle. I admit to mostly using patterns for Cross stitch, until I made these, I did use a Better Homes and Gardens pattern for the bauble although it's changed considerably, but everything else I Forrest Gumped my way through and it was so much fun, I think I may have become obsessed with making things in miniature, which is bad news for my stash of all things fabric, could take me years to use that up if I don't snap out of it.

This was not my idea to use Milk Bottle tops, I was inspired by this post Creative Ribbons - Milk Bottle Top Decorations which used the O-ring from the milk tops but for the life of me I could not remove the top without splitting the ring, so I put them together differently from this tutorial I also took some step by step photos  for my way of making them if anyone is interested that is. They are a great way to use up small pieces of Aida, leftover ribbons and trum and small lengths of Embroidery floss, and a great test of your imagination for all things Christmasey.






All of them together, and below a  shot including my much neglected nails for size reference.




N.B Getting pretty tired of late, this week I'll be 36 weeks and really feeling it. Still slaving away at sewing Christmas gifts, and don't get me started on the Nursery, no actually do, it has no curtains, or bedding, or wall art :(

Will be blogging as much as I can, lots of things to share but can't until they are received.





4 comments :

Julia said...

Hi Ruby..thanks for your email.
You did great!..your tiny decorations look lovely.
So clever of you to work out another way instead of using the O-ring.
Is there a baby on the way?...wonderful..best wishes to you and family, and have a wonderful Christmas.

spidermom said...

funny you should mention squealing with delight...thats EXACTLY what i did when i saw these! oh! the tiny adorableness!!!!

LimeRiot said...

Eeeeee! I'm squealing too :).

These are so teeny and so adorable. Love!

Alicia said...

Lovely hoops! Have a happy new year

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
01 09 10